World RPS Bullboard
News: Society News: Alex Apter seen "back on the job", may also have just been digging through dumpster for food / shelter.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 31, 2014, 06:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who wants to win $10,000,000.00 playing RPS  (Read 18019 times)
Jef Hallestone
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Jerk

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2006, 02:54:28 AM »

I have a couple of invites for moola.com which allows people to play a slightly wacky version of RPS for up to $10,000,000.00. It is not a 'gambling' site in the traditional sense of the word since you are given a 1 cent to start off with and you double it every time you win, so after 30 wins in a row you will be at $10,000,000.00  When you lose you are given a new penny, so signing up doesn't cost a dime. The catch is that you have to watch an ad to play each round, but that goes by pretty quick.

The twist that they added to RPS is that the 'sensei' gives you bonus points if you don't select a certain throw in a round (which changes each round). The game is a good intro to a more psychological game of RPS since both players have an incentive to get the bonus. As an example, if the Sensei bonus gives you points for not playing scissors then both players have an incentive not to do so. Knowing this then the obvious move is to play paper since any rookie knows that given the choice between rock and paper...always go with paper. But, since both players know this they can get tricky and go for the scissors which won't get them the bonus points but will get them the point for the win.

They have even added a new 'challenge a player' option so bullboarders could challenge each other.

Sorry this game is only open to US and Canadian residents.

Send me a PM with your email address if you want an invite and then once you get invites offer them up in this thread for other WRPSS bullboarders.

Jef Hallestone
That's Jef with one"f"!
custardchuk
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Hall-of-Famer

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 08:49:52 AM »

Are you saying Australians can't compete or are you saying Australians will not be paid if they win?

regards
custardchuk

We built a better tomorrow yesterday, that's why we have today free.
Jef Hallestone
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Jerk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 09:47:41 AM »

You can certainly play but they won't pay I guess. You would likely have to move to the US to get your $10,000,000.00 which may give you an incentive to play or a deterent depending on your world view.

Be happy to give you an invite if you want to try it out.

Jef Hallestone
That's Jef with one"f"!
custardchuk
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Hall-of-Famer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 07:44:45 PM »

I'm a professional, Jef.
For 10 million I can learn a new language and become loud and egocentric.
Count me in, bro. Truth.

regards
custardchuk

Master Roshambollah
Greatest Player in RPS History (retired)
Global Moderator
Bullboard Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 08:56:48 AM »

Honestly, chuk, you should be used to being excluded from RPS competitions due to your nationality by now.

custardchuk
Janitorial Staff
Bullboard Hall-of-Famer

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 10:13:02 AM »

While my nationality (subject to review) is sometimes a restriction of trade, at other times my 'present' nationality gets me invitations to far flung places as a guest of those places.
Swings and rollercoasters.

Winning 10 million doesn't make me 1333 times more happy than taking out the Worlds. I doubt I would even be twice as happy. In fact, I can't tell what twice as happy as ecstatic would be like. It could be expensive, I guess, but not 10 million expensive.

regards
custardchuk

Franklint
Bullboard Master

It's all in the wrist.

wpridmore@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 11:37:11 AM »

I was told about moola.com by one of my school mates. When signing up, you have to supply a U.S. zip code, I believe. Either that or there's some other field that will only accept U.S. addresses. I had to look around on the interzorg to fake a zip code in order to sign up.

The other games on the site are quite fun also, but too based on luck (apart from the RPS one) for my tastes. I proceeded to lose the first four or so pennies I was given, first try.

I also kind of got bored of it, because I could see that there was little chance of me ever reaching the 10 mill, or even anything close to it. It was also doubtful that I'd be able to claim the cash anyway.

If anyone gets further up the ladder than I did, I'd like to know if the standard of competitors increases dramatically or not.

Also, custardchuk, how's this for a signature? It's a placeholder until I create a better one. Enjoy. Hopefully it isn't too pedophile bait-ey for you.

Cheers,
Franklint
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:39:44 AM by Franklint » Logged

-Winner of the Best New Bull Boarder of 2007 award.
-First ever Expert RPS Player born of the Roshambollah Training Systems RPS program.
-First ever Australian to lose to a Norwegian in competition play.
Maxamillion
Bullboard Veteran

(AKA) Dr. SPRock

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »

Mmmmmmm!

The odds of achieving this are approximately 1,073,741,824. that is a over a thousand million to 1.

Allowing 2mins per game it would take 1,021 years of continuous play without sleep to have a reasonable chance of winning.

the play to win or play not to loose  is however an interesting twist to the game which adds an extra dimension. People do say that veriety is the spice of life.

It might actually be worth playing if they allowed a player to withdraw before there next match and take whatever winnings they had & then start again. But only for fun as i doubt it would be time or cost effective as there will never ever be a reasonable chance of winning more money than time spent on line playing.

better odds are
Maxamillion (to one)

Master of the Bull Board Champion 2009
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: